You can make a living doing what you love – writing!
Many people today want to make their ideas, methods, stories, and tips into books, e-books, articles, or blogs. And they may have great ideas and stories which deserve to be told, and told well. But not all of them have enough time or skill to write. The need for good writers has never been greater.
If you are a writer seeking to learn how to write for others, as others, the program Learn to Ghost will help you get started and succeed as a ghostwriter. There are many unknowns surrounding ghostwriting. How do you market yourself? How much should you charge? What about copyright? How does ghostwriting work? And most important — would you enjoy being a ghostwriter?
Sign up here for a free copy of my eBook
“10 Reasons to Be a Ghostwriter and 10 Tips on How to Do It”
Kim’s ghostwriting course was essential to developing my skills and building my confidence as a ghostwriter. Her course materials and programming are excellent, and her 1-on-1 coaching and consulting are priceless. I would not be a successful ghostwriter without Kim Pearson!
— Nicole Eva Fraser, http://nicoleevafraser.com/ghostwriting
I have been a ghostwriter for more than fifteen years, ghostwriting more than forty non-fiction books and memoirs. I make my living exclusively as a writer, which is not something every writer can say.
I’ve developed Learn to Ghost so that you too can learn to help people tell their stories and share their ideas, plus support yourself by doing what you love and are good at — writing.
I’ve seen a lot of programs out there advertising how easy it is to make big bucks as a ghostwriter. Well, guess what: I am a published writer and I’ve “ghosted” a number of successful books, some for prominent people and – it is not easy!
If you are serious about wanting to learn how to do it, I can wholeheartedly recommend a teaching program that is very readable, down-to-earth practical, and extremely helpful in how to avoid the perils and pitfalls in doing this kind of work. Living as a Ghost is created by Kim Pearson, a proven professional who knows the business inside out and will tell you honestly.
Pearson’s program, Living as a Ghost, goes into great detail on how to get the work, how to do the work, and how to manage the business of the work. Less costly than many of the others, and less than taking a lengthy course at college, this the only program I’ve seen that provides opportunities to practice what she preaches and get personal, professional feedback from the author herself.
Barbara Carole, www.barbaracarole.com
Learn to Ghost is a three-tier, four step program with lots of extras.
Tier One, $399.00
Here’s a brief excerpt from one of my teleclasses, talking to non-writers about why they should become an author. Before they hire a ghostwriter, they must want to write a book!
(Use the player above or right-click and select “Save As” or “Save Link As” to download)
STEP 2 – Doing the Work. Download, read, and study this second comprehensive e-book, which includes in-depth discussions covering topics such as: the differences between ghostwriting and writing for oneself; gathering info; research; interviewing techniques; client communication; managing your own ego; common challenges faced by ghostwriters — and how to survive them; how to write for someone else; and much more.
STEP 3A – Practicing the Work, Ghostwriting Exercise. Get some actual practice being a ghostwriter! Write essays based on three downloadable audios and their verbatim transcripts, of interviews with me and 3 interesting people about subjects dear to their hearts. You can write one, two, or three essays, then submit them for written detailed critiques. Did you “get the voice?” What other ways are there to structure and organize the essay? What questions would you ask next? What questions do you wish I’d asked? Does your essay tell a story with a beginning, middle, and end? And perhaps, what do the interviewees think of your essay? This critique will help you hone your ghostwriting skills.
STEP 4 – Discussing the Work. In addition to the written critique on your ghostwritten essays, you’ll receive up to three one-on-one 90-minute consulting/coaching sessions via telephone, to be completed within six months. We’ll discuss any ghostwriting concerns or questions you may still have on the “business side” of ghostwriting. Or we can discuss ghostwriting assignments you may be quoting on, or those you have already obtained. I may offer suggestions for interview techniques or questions you might try, or suggestions on structure and organization that may fit your topic. If you want further clarification or additional examples on the subjects covered in the e-books, we can talk about that. Or I can just offer some extra encouragement.
Wait, there’s more . . .
- Samples of forms to use in your ghostwriting business, such as quotations and agreements covering copyright, confidentiality, etc.
- Ten (yes 10) additional e-bookson subjects important to ghostwriters, including: Wowing Your Readers; 8 Making History Workbooks containing historical timelines and suggested interview questions covering 60 years and 8 broad topics — very useful in ghostwriting memoirs; and You Can Be An Author.
- Links to other book professionals who can help you and your clients. No one does anything alone! These are people who I have worked with and personally vouch for as experienced, insightful, highly competent and honorable. I trust my clients to these folks.
Tier Two: $599.00
Everything included in Tier One, plus:
- STEP 3B, Practicing the Work, Interviewing Exercise. Practice your interviewing skills. You will interview me by phone as if you are my ghost for 20 to 30 minutes, about a possible book or article. You plan the interview questions, listen to my answers, probe for details, and keep the interview on track. I will record our conversation and send you the audio file. You then write a short article based on the interview for our discussion later.
- An additional ebook, Ghost Stories for Real Ghosts,a collection of 42 of my articles and blog posts about writing in general and ghostwriting in particular.
Tier Three: $799.00
Everything included in Tiers One & Two, plus:
- Step 4: Discussing the Work: Up to SIX 90 minute coaching/consultations for up to 12 months.
- Testimonial & Referrals: After completion of the course, your website and bio will be listed on my website www.primary-sources.com as a ghostwriting referral; a written testimonial from me to use on your website or marketing materials; and personal referrals upon request.
In a brief graphic form, here is what you will receive:
|What You Get||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Step 1: Getting the Work ebook|
|Step 2: Doing the Work ebook|
|Step 3A: Practicing the Work Ghostwriting Exercise|
|Step 3B: Practicing the Work Interviewing Exercise|
|Step 4: Discussing the Work (consulting after course completion)|
|Ghost Stories for Real Ghosts ebook|
|Wow Your Readers ebook|
|8 Making History eWorkbooks for Memoir Writing|
|You Can Be an Author|
|Sample Quotation and Agreement Forms|
|Listing on P-S & LTG website & FB page|
|Testimonial from me to use on your website or marketing|
|Personal referrals upon request|
It took me fifteen years to learn this information the hard way. Here’s a chance for you to mine my knowledge the easy way – for only $399.00, $599.00, or $799.00.
Unsure whether this program is right for you? I am glad to answer any further questions you have – please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 425-292-0441.
After your payment has been processed, you will be returned to a “Thank You” page with the ability to login and get started immediately with Learn to Ghost where you will have access to all features and benefits of this exciting program. Your membership information will also be emailed to you. Enroll Now!